Thursday, March 1, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili

I must thank Pinterest for this recipe, as I often do. I love getting recipes off there. Slow cookers make life so much easier and keep my husband happy. This recipe was no exception. I will definitely be doing it again.


I added sour cream and cheese to the top, and it was incredible!


Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
Servings: 10

1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
2 cans whole kernal corn
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
chopped fresh cilantro

Combine first 9 ingredients in your slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. For added flavor (but also added calories) top with sour cream and cheese. It may be more fattening, but it tastes so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment