Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Baby Birth Announcement Door Hanger

My sister-in-law had a baby boy in December. At the time my husband and I were on our 22nd month of trying to conceive, so I knew it was going to be a bittersweet birth. Although I was so excited to get a new nephew, it would tear at my heartstrings to know that I might never get to experience that myself. I decided the best way to deal with it emotionally was to focus my energy on doing something for the baby. I love seeing the door hangers that people get when they have a baby, so I told my sister-in-law that I would make one for her. I searched Pinterest for ideas, but I couldn't find anything that fit what I wanted. So I went to her house and took pictures of her nursery. I wanted to use the colors of the nursery. Then I went to Hobby Lobby, bought some matching paint and ribbon, and I bought a few wooden cutouts and a foam wreath. This was my end result. I was proud of the final result.


No comments:

Post a Comment